Ubuntu : 'Unable to Mount File System' with Windows 8

                      It's good to write something after a long time here in beloved Blogger. This is about something I'd to go through recently with the desperate attempt to get Windows 8 installed alongside Ubuntu. Finally, it worked as usual, after long search battles & mistakes along the way.

Anyway, After the installation I'd a little bit of a problem even though it sounds little it wasn't actually Here's Why ?

I usually leave lot of disk space for windows & an extra partition for the rest of the files formatted NTFS Because, I can Keep installing Lot of funky Software & games in Windows & most importantly, Inside Linux I can still access NTFS file partition. [ Note : Windows Can't access ext3 ext4 ]

Soon, after the installation I booted Ubuntu to make sure I can access my files in the NTFS partition. But, I couldn't I tried to Mount It didn't work either Here's the Message I got.



Funny, not at all. It worked with Windows 7 though at times it didn't when w7 was hibernated. I restarted & tried to make sure I've Shut down W8  perfectly. Same thing Happened Over & over again.

Here's the Fact. This is usual with Windows 8. It doesn't completely shut down. [ Note : Windows 8 Hibernates to decrease the Boot time ]


Here's how to get rid of Windows 8 Hibernation Problem. Believe Me, The changes We're going to make will :

  1. Increase  the Boot Time . [ Note : Decrease the Speed of Booting ]
  2. Cause System Error Messages to Pop up
  3. Decrease the smooth of Tile View.
But, you don't need to reinstall Windows 7. Don't You ? So, Go to Windows 8 & follow these steps.

Step 01 : Press ♣ & Go to Tile view & start Typing 'Control Panel'. Change the View to 'Small Icons'.



Step 02 : Choose Power Options. Then, click on the Link on the Left side 'Choose what the power button does'.


Step 03 : Then, click on the link 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'.


Step 04 : Then, tick off the 'Turn on fast Start-up ( Recommended ) '. [Note : See it's recommended ]


That's it You're done try accessing the NTFS partition now. Thanks for being here.

No comments: